Exactly one month ago I married my best friend, and in less than one month from today, my new husband and I will be jetting off to Thailand for our honeymoon! Traveling is one of my truest passions, but getting from point A to point B is not always a timely or comfortable process. In preparation for my own vacation, I have put together a list of travel essentials and luxuries.
1. I love this large printed pouch from J-Crew. It is perfect for storing all of your overnight flight necessities like moisturizer, chapstick, your travel toothbrush and floss. This stylish sack can be easily stored in your carry-on bag!
2. Altitude will dehydrate your body. It is important to drink fluids, apply lip balm, and use moisturizer to avoid dryness. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps is a rich, non-greasy, rehydrating moisturizer. Be sure to pick up this lotion for a smooth flight.
3. Eye masks are essential for quality airplane sleeping. This Aroma Home eye mask is extra luxurious as it is filled with lavender seeds to help soothe and relax your body and state of mind. Sweet lavender dreams!
4. These Beats by Dre noise canceling headphones are not only versatile (they come in every color of the rainbow), but also offer superior audio for your inflight movie, music or gaming.
5. The temperature on an airplane always seems to fluctuate. That’s why I like to layer! It is always best to wear a cardigan sweater or zip up hoodie as they are easy to get on and off. This Zoe Karssen Leopard Cashmere Cardigan is perfect for keeping warm on those chillier flights.
6. There’s no better time to catch up on your reading than when you’re trying to pass the time in a claustrophobic, confined space. While a plane might bring you to different country, a book can immediately transport you to another world. With the Kindle Paperwhite in tow, you won’t be restricted by one or two books. Instead, you will have an entire library at the tip of your fingers!
7. Socks! As discussed earlier, we never quite know what the temperature will be 36,000 feet in the air. No one likes cold toes or even worse, swollen legs. For extra long flights, it’s a good idea to bring a pair of knee-high compression socks. Keep that blood flowing so the party can start immediately upon arrival!
8. Passport covers are a fun and (sometimes) cheap accessory for traveling. If you’re a newlywed, like me, grab a set of the Mr. & Mrs. passport covers. Yeah, it might be cheesy, but you’re on your honeymoon! Bring on the cheese!
9. Last but certainly not least, investing in a quality neck pillow is essential. TravelPillow by Tempur-Pedic cradles your neck and supports your head to relieve pressure, allowing your neck and shoulder muscles to relax. So you can sleep and arrive refreshed.
What are your travel essentials? Leave your tips for The Eden Edition in the comments section below. Happy Travels!